- Walmart just announced the addition of a number of new offerings to its suite of pet services, including pet-sitting and insurance.
- Business Insider spoke with Melody Richard, the vice president of the retailer’s pet category, about the boom in the pet services industry.
- “Pets have truly become part of everyone’s family,” Richard told Business Insider.
- And that development — especially among younger shoppers like millennials and Gen Z — means that there’s opportunities for major spending spikes in everything from products like costumes and toys to pet insurance.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Melody Richard is just